It was bound to happen with this rambunctious boy..... our first cast! After dinner on Memorial Day the kids were SO excited that Daddy finally hung the swings on the play set he is building. We were going to order a special toddler swing but hadn't done it yet, so the twins were each proudly swinging on a swing (barely moving cause Mommy was very cautious). Well..... I was helping Brylee and Noah said Blake wanted to get down. Noah helped him stop the swing and then was going to help him get down, but Blake decided he wanted to do it himself and fell. When I turned around he was laying on his back and I could tell by the cry that something was not right. At this point, since I didn't see him fall, I was thinking....neck, back, head. It took 30-45 minutes before we could get him to calm down. It was when I tried to have him stand up that I saw him put all his weight on his left leg. Ryan then gently squeezed his leg starting at the top and when he got half way between his knee and ankle Blake just cried and cried and said "Owe". So off Daddy and Blake went to the ER :( At the ER they took X-rays which showed he did indeed break his tibia. The ER doctor wanted us to see an orthopedic doctor to determine how to cast the leg. So they splinted the leg and told us to call the orthopedic doctor in the morning.
Our sweet little boy all splinted up the next morning....
The orthopedic doctor said it was a very common toddler fracture and that Blake would need a full leg cast for 4 weeks.....
There were quite a few tears in between these pictures, but we did find his smile again!
A sucker definitely helped bring the smile back.....
So sweet is the twin bond....
Noah was first to sign the cast....
Drawing on the cast....
He really only slowed down for a few days and then found ways to get around...
We are over half way with the cast and Blake has been such a little trooper! Bath time is when he gets sad/frustrated and we sure are thankful that the weather has not been hot. Count down is on to June 24th at 3:30 pm..... 10 days to go!
1 comment:
So happy that Brave Blake overcame his "owie". He's a trooper!
Post a Comment