Saturday, April 06, 2013

A Little Spring Break Family Getaway!

 So we may be a little crazy, but a couple weeks ago we thought it would be fun to get away with the kids for a couple nights during spring break, enjoy some family time.  Well after we booked the hotel and I started to think about packing for 8 month old twins, a 4 year old and almost 7 year old.... I thought we were A LOT crazy!!!
But we headed out Wednesday afternoon and took a very scenic route to Lynnwood.  Ryan needed to make a work delivery out to Freeland and then we were able to take the ferry from Clinton over to Mukilteo and then reach our destination of the Embassy Suites in Lynnwood.
Along our drive to Freeland we pulled over to watch the fighter jets practice.  They circled around this field, touched down on the runway and then went back up.  The boys thought this was SO cool!

Ferry riders!

SO excited to ride the ferry boat!



Brothers on a ferry boat.

So night one at the hotel was a success and though we woke up to a drizzly, wet day, we decided to keep our plans and head to the Woodland Park Zoo.  I assumed it wouldn't be that busy since the day was kind of yucky, but that was not the case.  As Ryan reminded me, if everyone stayed home every time it rained there wouldn't be very many days to go the zoo :)   

Planning out our route :)

Noah by the sleepy jaguar.



The babies at the zoo....they really did so well.

The boys' favorite.... snow leopard.


After the zoo and a little rest time it was POOL time at the hotel....

Big boys just a little excited for pool time :)

Sweet baby girl in her swimsuit for the first time :)

Brylee LOVED the water, Blake was much more timid. 
Our little fishy
 Night two was also a success....
This little cutie thought it was just fabulous to sleep with mommy! 

The big boys on the couch pull-out.


Thursday morning was breakfast and the big boys headed to the pool one more time with Daddy.  Then we packed up and made a little pit stop at Cabela's on the way home.  As I walked the store with the double stroller and the two big boys trying to keep everyone happy, 6 different people smiled and told me the same thing.... "Man you've got your hands full"  to which I smiled and replied.... "Yes I do" :) 
  But I couldn't imagine it any other way!!!
Thank you Lord for family memories!

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

What great family memories - thanks for sharing. You are a busy family - more fun days ahead, I'm sure. Thanking God for healthy children!
Hugs to all

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness... the picture of Ryan holding Blake is so stinking cute, they look identical! :) Also.. love Brylee's little swimsuit! Looks like you guys had fun!
-Auntie Lindsay